Cantaloupe Pineapple Mango Salad
- 1 large ripe mango, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup minced cantaloupe
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut in thin rings
- 1 cup watercress
- In a medium stainless-steel bowl, combine mango, onion, jalapeño, cantaloupe, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, honey and salt. Mix well and cover. Set aside for 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
- Arrange 3 pineapple rings on each plate.Top with watercress and fruit salsa.Makes 4 servings.
Chef’s tip: To make this salad a little more dynamic, grill the pineapple and serve it warm with chilled salsa.
Recipe created by Chef Allen Susser.