Ginger Grilled Chicken
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3-pound chicken, quartered
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sweetened grated coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- In a food processor, puree ginger, garlic, peppercorns, cilantro, soy sauce and oil.
- Place puree in a bowl,add chicken and marinate,covered,in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, combine mango, cantaloupe, pineapple, sugar, cumin, coconut, peanuts, jalapeño and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to hot.
- Grill chicken for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with tropical fruit chutney.