Shrimp and Tropical Fruit Summer Rolls
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted and cut into julienne strips
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup julienned cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shaved coconut
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, torn
- 2 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 12 12-inch rice paper rounds, softened in warm water
- 24 jumbo cooked shrimp
In a bowl, combine mango, pineapple, cantaloupe, raisins, coconut, honey, mint, tangerine juice and sea salt. Mix lightly, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. For each roll, lay out a piece of softened rice paper. Place 2 shrimp and some of the fruit mixture at the bottom center. Roll the bottom toward the middle, fold in both sides and continue to roll.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Allen Susser.