Tropical Pork Chops
- 6 3/4-inch-thick boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup small cantaloupe balls
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush pork chops lightly with oil and brown on each side. Remove from the pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the skillet, stir to blend and bring to a boil.
- Return the chops to the skillet, cover tightly and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes, or until the chops are just done.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Allen Susser.