Food Safety is our #1 priority!
- Every ranch, harvest crew, and facility is continually certified by a 3rd party using the GFSI standard.
- We voluntarily allow the CCAB (California Cantaloupe Advisory Board), via the USDA, to perform both scheduled and unscheduled audits throughout the year.
- Our company team members have a presence on the California Cantaloupe Advisory Board, which allows us to provide input regarding the marketing and food safety issues California growers are facing.
- We have a comprehensive trace-back program that can pinpoint every carton’s origin – all the way back to the field and harvester.
- Constant “food safety focused” training of field harvest personnel is part of our commitment to providing the safest melons to our customers.
- We continually review our food safety program and implement new technology when it becomes available.